Soul searching

                                  At one point in time , one feels the need to answer himself/herself the very purpose of  this existence. Sounds like the same old philosophical question?? But, it is quite interesting when you personally experience it.

                                  I guess this question arises when all your basic necessities like food,shelter,clothing are fulfilled.Well,even as I write this a question crosses my mind.Isn,t 'basic necessities' very subjective? Well again,one more question passes my mind!!!Sorry,but thats how my mind is!! Isn't everything in the world so subjective?What may seem "damn right" for one person might be the "very wrong" for the other person.As I was watching Ramayana this morning, an incident of Rama ending His avatar by walking into Sarayu river passed my mind. It is said that all the people who had walked into the river along with Rama had got 'Liberation' or 'Moksha'. Whatif, some people had thought ," Well, God gave me this life to LIVE it for Him and I shouldn't be ending my life like this". Wouldn't thet have  got so-called 'Liberation'?My intention is not to tell who was right or who was wrong.It was just a passing thought.Life is all about subjectivity.Here, perspective comes into picture. Eachone's perspective is shaped by their experiences,culture,unnoticed biases,environment,and many uncontrollable factors.I remember reading a quote "You can do what you will but, you cannot will what you will". This inturn makes me feel that I do not control anything but perspective which inturn is shaped by the above factors.This again leads me to the first question , "What is the purpose of this life?" But , my mind whispers,"The purpose of life is to live it"


PS: My thoughts may seem immature for some.But,kindly share your feedback.Moreover, I would feel happy if someone shares their thoughts with me.
                                
                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLEASURE

CHOICE

Perspective and Dharma